Join our team
We are currently looking for a senior developer for our Rotterdam office.
What the job is about
What the job is about
At Peppered you work in a small team that has enormous impact on the cultural life of people in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. In a team of 5 developers your skills deliver a solid contribution to the Peppered Platform, the most used marketing platform in the cultural sector in these countries. As a developer at Peppered your work is flexible and varied, and focuses on every single phase of the development process of our software.
How do we work?
The programmers of Peppered maintain and improve the Platform on a daily basis, which leads to a new release of the Platform every week on Monday. With this release, new updates, marketing campaigns, improvements, bug fixes, optimizations et cetera are being launched weekly (always extensively tested of course), for every client connected to the Platform. We follow a roadmap, which we adapt and extend continuously.
Our experts are the lifeline between you and the venues. They form the support team and answer all questions, take care of implementations and (the client side of) the projects. In an agile working environment, together with the other programmers, the product manager and the two account managers, you ensure that our platform is always one step ahead.
Why choose Peppered
There are a lot of opportunities out there for you, and that’s awesome. And we are convinced you will do everything to find the best place on earth for you to contribute to something important and fulfilling. Maybe – through your experience as a senior developer – you will agree with us that sometimes especially the ‘softest’ criteria have the highest impact on the fitness of the job:
- Peppered isn’t run by business people, if you are tired working for ‘ties’, drop us a message.
- We work for the best sector in the world, and contribute to people enjoying everything arts and culture have to offer.
- Our CEO has a technical background himself. An unfinished math study evolved to what now has become the market leader for online solutions for cultural organisations in Western Europe.
- At Peppered we all contribute to the greater whole of the same framework, it prevents you from skipping from one project to the other.
- In our small and informal team, you will have a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Most of our team is already connected to Peppered for years. We want you to match our team perfectly, for you, for the team and so we can celebrate your 10th Pepperedian anniversary in 2029.
The Peppered culture
The Peppered culture is about the following:
- We always challenge the status quo
- We focus on empowering the venues we work for
- We are straightforward
- We are radically and awkwardly transparent
- We love working for the best sector in the world
- We believe working as a collective always beats working alone
What do we ask from you?
First and foremost we want you to be an experienced developer. Not a scripter. We are not interested in your HTML-skills or WordPress implementations. We believe you will probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in something relevant and at least 5 years of relevant full time working experience.
We work with PHP/MySQL/Symfony and for connectors C#/Java/whatever necessary. So experience with any of those is a plus. We believe being an experienced developer having the right skills is more important than specific experience with the languages we use. That being said, obviously you have to be open to work with the languages we work with.
At Peppered we speak Dutch or English or a mixture of both.
Interested or more information? Get in touch with Mathijs via email@example.com